Difference between revisions of "User:Prino"

From Hitchwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:

[[Image:willaddlater.jpg|right|thumb|250px]]

[[Image:willaddlater.jpg|right|thumb|250px]]
My name is Robert, I'm Dutch and and right now I live in [[Belgium]].
+
Robert 'prino' Prins is a 48-year old hitchhiking grandfather of two, born in the [[Netherlands]], but now living in [[Oostende]] in [[Belgium]].

Despite the fact that I'm now a double grandfather, hitchhiking is still my favorite way of traveling, although I don't seem to have the time to do a lot of it right now.
+
As of 30 September 2008, he has hitched 268,235.4 km in the following 32 countries:

I started in 1980, have now covered some 264,157.3 km, averaging close to 10,000 km per year during all the years that I hitched - in 1981 and 1984 I didn't.
+
[[Netherlands]], [[Germany]], [[Denmark]], [[Sweden]], [[Norway]], [[Finland]], [[France]], [[Austria]], [[Yugoslavia]], [[Greece]], [[Bulgaria]], [[Turkey]], [[Belgium]], [[Italy]], [[United Kingdom]], [[Luxembourg]], [[Poland]], [[Lithuania]], [[Latvia]], [[Estonia]], [[Liechtenstein]], [[Switzerland]], [[Ireland]], [[Japan]], [[San Marino]], [[Portugal]], [[Spain]], [[Czech Republic]], [[Slovakia]], [[Hungary]], [[Croatia]] and [[Slovenia]].

I've done almost all my hitching in Europe, the two exceptions took place in 1990 ([[Turkey]]) and 2001 ([[Japan]] - only '''in''' Japan, not '''to''' Japan)
+
He is the author of a [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hitching/files/Robert%27s%20programs/ set of programs] to extract various statistics from notes made while hitchhiking. Some of his statistics were used in Sylvain Viard's Master's thesis [http://membres.lycos.fr/bpierret/memoire/memoire.html Auto-stop Approche géographique] from 1999.

More to follow...

[[Category:Hitchhikers]]

[[Category:Hitchhikers]]

Revision as of 09:59, 2 October 2008

Willaddlater.jpg

Robert 'prino' Prins is a 48-year old hitchhiking grandfather of two, born in the Netherlands, but now living in Oostende in Belgium.

As of 30 September 2008, he has hitched 268,235.4 km in the following 32 countries:

Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, Austria, Yugoslavia, Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, Belgium, Italy, United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Ireland, Japan, San Marino, Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia.

He is the author of a set of programs to extract various statistics from notes made while hitchhiking. Some of his statistics were used in Sylvain Viard's Master's thesis Auto-stop Approche géographique from 1999.