From Hitchwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Valmiera''' is a city in Latvia.  
+
'''Valmiera''' is a city in [[Latvia]].  

== Hitching out ==

== Hitching out ==

=== South/West towards [http://hitchwiki.org/en/Riga Riga]'''(LV)''', Sigulda '''(LV)''' ===
+
=== South/West towards [[Riga]], [[Sigulda]] ===

Sorry about the non-descriptiveness, but the road name says it all really.
+
<!-- Sorry about the non-descriptiveness, but the road name says it all really. ?? -->

== Riga ==
+
=== Towards [[Riga]] ===

You'll be hitching from Rigas Iela (Rigas Street) towards Riga  

You'll be hitching from Rigas Iela (Rigas Street) towards Riga  

There are two options here:

There are two options here:
Line 17: Line 17:

Either way, this is the place to hitch. I got a lift within 5 minutes while holding a sign.

Either way, this is the place to hitch. I got a lift within 5 minutes while holding a sign.

----
+
=== Towards [[Sigulda]] ===
== Sigulda ==

If hitching to Sigulda, same steps as for Riga, but get off at [http://www.google.com/maps?q=Valmiera,+Latvia&hl=en&ll=57.178133,24.724388&spn=0.059735,0.220757&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=22.431602,56.513672&vpsrc=6&z=12 Ragana] and hitch to Sigulda from there.

If hitching to Sigulda, same steps as for Riga, but get off at [http://www.google.com/maps?q=Valmiera,+Latvia&hl=en&ll=57.178133,24.724388&spn=0.059735,0.220757&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=22.431602,56.513672&vpsrc=6&z=12 Ragana] and hitch to Sigulda from there.
Line 25: Line 23:

----

----

For both locations, do not bother attempting to hitch any closer from in Valmiera than this last bus stop, as I did... and it wasted over an hour of my time.  

For both locations, do not bother attempting to hitch any closer from in Valmiera than this last bus stop, as I did... and it wasted over an hour of my time.  
Line 31: Line 28:

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

== Hitching in ==
+
{{IsIn|Latvia}}
<!---
+
[[Category:Latvia]]
'''Only''' include this section if it is difficult to enter a city, like from the ring around Berlin or the M25 around London!

-->

== Places to avoid ==

== Accommodation and Sleep ==

<!---

Wild camping places are good.  Please '''do not''' add regular hostels. 

-->

== Other useful info ==

<noinclude>[[Category:Templates]]</noinclude>

{{IsIn|Region or Country}}

__NOTOC__

Revision as of 12:35, 27 August 2011

Valmiera is a city in Latvia.

Hitching out

South/West towards Riga, Sigulda

Towards Riga

You'll be hitching from Rigas Iela (Rigas Street) towards Riga There are two options here:

1.) Take the local bus from the bus station in town to the last bus stop along Rigas Iela.

2.) Walk to the last bus stop along Rigas Iela in the direction of Riga.

Towards Sigulda

If hitching to Sigulda, same steps as for Riga, but get off at Ragana and hitch to Sigulda from there.

Enjoy!