Open main menu

Changes

Talk:Paris

2,706 bytes added, 09:43, 7 August 2014
no edit summary
==[[A1 autoroute (France)|A1]] North==

(new here) - Yesterday we tried the first option. It was a completly fail 4 hours waiting, i think is hard for cars to stop as they are watching the direction they have to take (there is 4 diferent directions 50m after) and there is a LOT of traffic.
The forth option, going to Senlis, was much better but they dont let you get in the Peage, so you have to hitch hike in the round about bfore, aniway it was very fast. (almost everybody goes to Lille)

Tomorrow we're hitching north from Paris, so here's some info I found...
* [http://saratlas.free.fr/index.php?page=autoroute&route=a1&lang=fr saratlas]
So, I guess, take metro line 7 to La Courneuve 8 Mai 1945 or line 13 to Basilique de Saint-Denis (RER D to Gare St-Denis is faster, but more expensive), take T1 to Cosmonautes, where you should see the highway motorway on-ramp. The gas station is 1 km from here, and probably there's no legal, safe way to get there without getting a ride.
A1:
* km 4: La Courneuve highway motorway entrance
* km 5: aire de service La Courneuve
* km 26: Aires de service avec passerelle, Vémars
:Possibly better: take line 13 to Karrefour Pleyel, walk along Boulevard Anatole Fran... [http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Paris,+France&ie=UTF8&ll=48.925037,2.354808&spn=0.0172,0.040169&t=h&z=15&om=1 google maps]. [[User:Guaka|Guaka]] 10:54, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
::And this was actually pretty good. You have to walk a bit, and maybe it's actually easier to go to another station, but from Carrefour Pleyel you have a good overview. At the point where the highway motorway starts we waited about 15 minutes, to get a ride to the gas station at La Courneuve, and there was a car with a Dutch number plate that actually dropped us not far from [[Breda]] :) [[User:Guaka|Guaka]] 21:52, 27 June 2007 (CEST)
:::Dag Kasper,
== A6 - A10 - A11 ==
I just want to add that the rides from Portes d'Orleans to the south of France (highways motorways A6 - A10 - A11) are not so hard to get.The spot of Portes d'Orleans is very known and I met lots of hitchikers there. Getting out from the metro you have to walk to the south to the Peripherique, and there at the trafic traffic light there is an entrance going down to the Peripherique. You even see the signs telling "Lyon - Orleans".
Ok, you may wait some time, but it always worked for me. A friday, it's even very easy.
From there you just have to care that you're not going with a guy going to the A6 if you need the A10. But with a map it's easy.
If you go to A10 or A11, the same you can ask for "péage de Saint Arnoult", which is before the split. -- [[User:Pietshah|Pietshah]] 02:03, 11 September 2007 (CEST) : We didn't get a ride at ''Porte d'Orleans''. Ok, it was only one trial, and we were two guys with backpacks, but we were waiting for nearly 2 hours without succes (and OK, i have to admit that in other parts of France we also had to wait a while). We had sign with "Chartres", which is another suggestion in the section A11 South-West, as it is a city on the way to Rennes etc. Another guy was waiting there alone, and he gave up too.:A day before we had been waiting directly at the place where the metro and tram stop, and had no succes either, but maybe that doesn't count.:So it would be interesting to gather some experience about this spot here in the discussion section. Because my impression was rather poor, but of course I have tried it only one time. :What do you think?--[[User:Yogi|Yogi]] 21:13, 30 September 2009 (UTC) Just wanted to add re. Port d'Orleans - had a 4 hour wait to escape Paris when hitching with my girlfriend recently. Elsewhere our max wait was 20 minutes and we scored a lot of lifts. In hindsight I would have headed for one of the options that takes you to a service station outside of Paris to begin with. Having said that, a hitcher was there when we started and he had a lift after an hour, another guy joined after 2 hours and gave up just before we left. Food for thought. - Paul == {{Afr|4}} East, towards [[Metz]], [[Strasbourg]], [[Luxembourg]], [[Germany]], etc (proposal) == To go to the service station ''La Ferrière/Bussy-Saint-Georges Sud'' there is no need to cross the fields or to walk along the motorway, I found another way, but it is longer. Google Street View shows an open gate to the service station from the back. Go from the station RER ''Bussy-St-Georges'' to the south for 300 meters until ''Avenue Marie Curie'' and there to the left (east). Follow this street for 3 kilometers until the next village ''Jossigny''. In the village go to the right into the street ''Rue de Tournan'' and after one kilometer behind the motorway bridge you turn right to the way to the service station. Not yet tried. --[[User:GeorgDerReisende|GeorgDerReisende]] ([[User talk:GeorgDerReisende|talk]]) 13:14, 1 June 2014 (CEST)
edit