Difference between revisions of "Michigan"

From Hitchwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 8: Line 8:

''"I hitched 75S from Detroit at a local [[gas station]] off the [[interstate]]. Took about 2 hours, but I got a ride from a trucker... nice fellow. I-75 Rest Areas: I had great luck at 2 [[rest area]]s (just bathrooms/info) on I-75 between Bay City and the Mackinac Bridge. I'd imagine all rest areas are good, but I it took me about 5-10 minutes to pick up a several hour ride at each one. Summer would be easier even, but I was there in October 2008."'' - Anonymous hitchhiker.

''"I hitched 75S from Detroit at a local [[gas station]] off the [[interstate]]. Took about 2 hours, but I got a ride from a trucker... nice fellow. I-75 Rest Areas: I had great luck at 2 [[rest area]]s (just bathrooms/info) on I-75 between Bay City and the Mackinac Bridge. I'd imagine all rest areas are good, but I it took me about 5-10 minutes to pick up a several hour ride at each one. Summer would be easier even, but I was there in October 2008."'' - Anonymous hitchhiker.

+
 +
"The Upper Peninsula is pretty easy to hitch around, with the exception of the section of I-75 around Kinross. There are several prisons in the area and many signs posted that say not to pick up hitchhikers. The west side has some of the friendliest people I've ever meet. A good place to head west from I-75 is on US-2 (better than going west from US-26) as it has the most traffic westbound." -Yooper hitchhiker

{{Template:States USA}}

{{Template:States USA}}

Revision as of 02:23, 6 November 2009

Michigan is a state of the United States. It is a good state for hitching. Mostly harmless.

Detroit (Motown) makes it interesting.

Avoid Jackson, it is a prison town. If you try hitching a ride there than people will think that you are an escaped convict trying to get away.

Personal experiences

"I hitched 75S from Detroit at a local gas station off the interstate. Took about 2 hours, but I got a ride from a trucker... nice fellow. I-75 Rest Areas: I had great luck at 2 rest areas (just bathrooms/info) on I-75 between Bay City and the Mackinac Bridge. I'd imagine all rest areas are good, but I it took me about 5-10 minutes to pick up a several hour ride at each one. Summer would be easier even, but I was there in October 2008." - Anonymous hitchhiker.

"The Upper Peninsula is pretty easy to hitch around, with the exception of the section of I-75 around Kinross. There are several prisons in the area and many signs posted that say not to pick up hitchhikers. The west side has some of the friendliest people I've ever meet. A good place to head west from I-75 is on US-2 (better than going west from US-26) as it has the most traffic westbound." -Yooper hitchhiker