Difference between revisions of "Metz"

From Hitchwiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 12: Line 12:

I got a lift off a truck driver at an industrial zone roundabout just before the A31/E23 motorway, South West of Metz (less than 10 KM from city centre). It took me 60 minutes to get a ride at the Z.A.C d'Augny area. This can be reached by the number 101 bus from Metz City Centre for around 1.50 Euro

I got a lift off a truck driver at an industrial zone roundabout just before the A31/E23 motorway, South West of Metz (less than 10 KM from city centre). It took me 60 minutes to get a ride at the Z.A.C d'Augny area. This can be reached by the number 101 bus from Metz City Centre for around 1.50 Euro

It is also possible to get a ride toward Nancy/Dijon/Lyon by standing on the Avenue Joffre, under the bridge, at the west of town. I used a Nancy sign to get ouf of town and got dropped in a service area 30km southward, from where you can easily hitch a long distance ride with a truck-driver.
+
It is also possible to get a ride toward Nancy/Dijon/Lyon by standing on the Avenue Joffre, under the bridge, at the west of town. It merges witht the A31 300m further. I used a Nancy sign to get ouf of town and got dropped in a service area 30km southward, from where you can easily hitch a long distance ride with a truck-driver.

===Going East (Germany (Saarbruken, Kaiserslautern, [[Mainz]], [[Frankfurt (Main)]] etc.)===

===Going East (Germany (Saarbruken, Kaiserslautern, [[Mainz]], [[Frankfurt (Main)]] etc.)===

Revision as of 20:53, 21 March 2009

Metz is a city in the northeast of France, capital of the Lorraine région and préfecture of the département of Moselle (57).

<map lat='49.12039958048527' lng='6.173887252807617' zoom='13' view='3' />

Going North in direction of Luxembourg, Holland, Belgium, Germany

Take bus number 6 bus that goes from the city centre to 'La MEXE'. The ticket costs around 2 Euro. Get off at the stop beside the massive IKEA shopping centre and walk down the road until you see a roundabout and a ESSO service station nearby. Walk down the ramp until you reach both of the exits. One hitchhiker got a lift within 10 minutes while standing between the ESSO petrol station exit and a motorway exit. There is a lot of international traffic in this region.

Another option, is a 2 kilometer walk from the center. Walk along Boulevard du Pontiffroy towards North-West. Turn right on the Rue Ardant du Picq (Follow the signs saying Luxembourg/Thionville). After crossing two bridges you will find the ramp to the highway. You can hitch right before the ramp, on the bridge. See the map. This might be a bit problematic during rush-hour, but then it could be better to hitch with a sign right after the roundabout on the end of Boulevard du Pontiffroy.

Going South (France, Spain, etc.)

It is also possible to get a ride toward Nancy/Dijon/Lyon by standing on the Avenue Joffre, under the bridge, at the west of town. It merges witht the A31 300m further. I used a Nancy sign to get ouf of town and got dropped in a service area 30km southward, from where you can easily hitch a long distance ride with a truck-driver.

Going East (Germany (Saarbruken, Kaiserslautern, Mainz, Frankfurt (Main) etc.)

Seem to be a good spot to the peage, which is about 30km. Maybe better places with more traffic in this area 49.11953590151249, 6.237015724182129