Open main menu

Changes

Hitchwiki talk:Start Page

2,581 bytes added, 12:52, 8 April 2010
no edit summary
__TOC__

Soon, when the international wikis are get a little bigger, we might want to have a neutral starting page, like this: http://dev.hitchwiki.org/
Anyone wants to make a better layout? --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]]<small><sup>[http://http://www.liftershalte.info/ site], [[user talk:MrTweek|wikitalk]]</sup></small> 14:51, 21 September 2007 (CEST)
: Sounds good. You should have enough permissions for both of them. However, I think images do not have any impact on page rank. But it'll look nicer anyway :) For more pagerank, I was thinking about changing the links from ie. fr.hitchwiki.org/Blah to www.hitchwiki.org/fr/Blah. I don't like changing everything again, but this way, search engines will see everything as one page, not as 6 (or 8) different ones. --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 11:08, 19 June 2008 (CEST)
:: I just changed the links. Nothing should change for users, but in a technical way, this is much better to handle. Oh, and it might help our findability in search engines. --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 14:08, 30 June 2008 (CEST)

Can we add a br after 4 languages and also center the whole page? --[[Special:Contributions/79.192.155.115|79.192.155.115]] 12:36, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
:Check it out :) -- by the way, if you have more ideas, just put them here and I'll see what I can do. If you actually log in you could also edit stuff directly (though not directly this page if you're not a sysop here, but you can make a copy and if we like it move it back to this page). [[User:Guaka|guaka]] 17:08, 17 March 2009 (UTC)

==Redesign, meta tags==
I added meta tags and included the appropriate CSS from the PHP file that includes this. Any other suggestions for meta tags beside besides "hitchhiking,wiki,autostop,trampen,guide"? Complaints and suggestions about the redesign are welcome as well of course. [[User:guaka|guaka]]<small><sup>[http://guaka.org site], [[user talk:guaka|wikitalk]]</sup></small> 10:17, 15 September 2008 (CEST) ==Almost 2000==We're on 1998 articles in 8 languages now :) [[User:Guaka|guaka]] 12:35, 26 March 2009 (UTC) ==Redesign==I think it was time for some changes. It's good to have changing content on the front page, so I included the News template. To do:* It all needs to be moved around a bit now.* It would be great if it were somehow possible to include the German (and other?) news template as well. Proposals:* Remove "Choose a language", remove "welcome". - These words are not really needed* Add some concise info about hitchhiking and hitchwiki, in English and as many as we can get (not limited to our versions of Hitchwiki).What do ''you'' think?[[User:Guaka|guaka]] 02:39, 24 June 2009 (UTC): I would rather keep it more simple. I think it looks a little confusing, if you are a first-time visitor. Dynamic content is good indeed, but I would rather reduce the English speaking part as much as possible.: Maybe there's a plugin that detects the browser language and displays stuff in the users language: About "Choose a language" and "welcome": Yes, removing them might simplify the whole page.--[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 08:28, 24 June 2009 (UTC) ::So, remove the about-i18n and news until we have a way to let it depend on the browser language? Or maybe make the pics more prominenent and the English stuff a bit smaller. [[User:Guaka|guaka]] 19:03, 24 June 2009 (UTC) :::after adding another language, which is pretty cool, i would suggest removing the info/news/picture of the month boxes, as it looks pretty much crowded on the start page now. on bigger screens it's kind of okay, but on a netbook it just looks horrible. my2cents, if nobody complains, will remove them by the begin of next week :) --[[User:Platschi|Platschi]] 16:24, 25 November 2009 (UTC) ::::Might look crowded but some more text on the frontpage will make it easier for people to find Hitchwiki through Google. I'll see if I can do it in a nicer way... [[User:Guaka|guaka]] 10:52, 8 April 2010 (UTC)