Open main menu

Changes

Category talk:Hitchhikers

2 bytes removed, 13:44, 11 November 2008
no edit summary
: One thing I want to make clear here: NOBODY is trying to reflect your nationality (even though you yourself in your profile almost obviously make clear that you are most certainly Dutch) by creating a category that is simply meant to unite those from the same country. Categories like '''Dutch hitchhikers''' and '''Hitchhikers in the Netherlands''' (or '''Hitchikers from the Netherlands''') are two (three) very different things. Actually, if you ask me personally about the nationality issue, I think it is a bit of a prejudice that people so radically hang on the ''"One world - one nation"'' idea (and state that they're ''"citizens of the world"'') - ok, I respect that, but it really becomes a disturbing thing with no real ground for such a fanatical impulsiveness for example here when only for the pure comfort of systematized users who might be curious (like me, for instance) who else is a hitch-hiker in the region they live in we try to create a category '''without a slightest intention to depict user's "sacred" nationality'''. Please, Robert, think about it. And say Augustas "Hi" from me. ;) --[[User:Sigurdas|Sigurdas]] 05:04, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
:: I 'escaped' from the Netherlands to remove the need of the Dutch to categorize everything into umpteen different boxes (aka [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarisation|verzuiling]]). People are people, not screws you can put in a box. As for finding others close to me, why not create a map where people can indicate their location, similar to the maps with hitch-hiking spots, with the added advantage that you can see how close someone is; Kiruna-Stockholm is a somewhat bigger distance than Malmo-Kobenhavn... --[[User:Prino|Prino]] 11:42, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
==Country categorization: how==
autopatrolled, Check users
edits