Open main menu

Changes

Talk:Hitchhiking Zine

1,798 bytes added, 15:28, 11 June 2007
no edit summary
: I can give you webspace for uploading. Do you need some special software for the commenting stuff? Maybe you can just upload in to hitchwiki. --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 20:41, 29 April 2007 (CEST)
::Thanks for that link. That could be useful. I don't really think I'll need webspace. I can either upload them to [http://www.mediafire.com/] or even just add them to the wiki. I'll try both ways and put the link on the article. [[User:Zac Stewart|Zac]]<small><sup>[[User talk:Zac Stewart|talk]]</sup></small> 04:51, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

Another update... Not much is noticeable from the page, I know, but I have been working pretty hard on getting this done. I've made a commitment to get at least two cities done a day, but I hope to get a lot more than that done. I took a little break from the editing and worked on some publishing ideas, which you can read about on the page, but I'm back to work editing now. I hope to have that part done soon so I can do the fun stuff. That is, laying out the pages in Scribus and adding maps and whatnot. I would have this done already, but unfortunately I'm in a factory 8 hours every night working the graveyard shift to pay off the disaster that was my last trip and try to get enough money to see Ecuador this Fall.

If we decide to print this as a paperback or something, I'd be willing to front the costs I think. I'm trying to get a DIY [http://www.apocryphalpublishing.com/ publishing project] started. I want to carry zine's and stuff like that so this project would be a good way to get that started. I don't care about making a profit, I just want to complete a project that has meaning for me. We could also try getting Microcosm and other publishers to carry it. I have webspace we can use for the free PDF version and e-commerce tools if we wanted to sell a book version. I'd give proceeds to the Hitchwiki for hosting costs if there were any. If anyone is opposed to that, let me know, I'm always nervous about money matters that involve groups and I don't want to deviate from our principles.

Also, I want the zine to be Open, obviously, but would we have to inlcude the GFDL in the zine? That will take up a good bit of space. Is it possible to release it under CC? [[User:Zac Stewart|Zac]]<small><sup>[[User talk:Zac Stewart|talk]]</sup></small> 15:28, 11 June 2007 (CEST)