Open main menu

Changes

Hitchhiking a boat

9 bytes added, 22:04, 26 May 2020
Online: heading that fits in better with the style
You may be able to meet captains who are anchored nearby by participating in radion conversations. For example, it used to be that in all the ports in Central America and the [[South Pacific]] including [[Australia]] at 8am local time all boats in the harbor talk with each other over radio on channel 19. Thus you can listen and participate of you can either get on a boat with a radio or from a radio on land. They talk about all kinds of things they need, like where to get the bottoms of boats scraped and where is a good place to buy diesel fuel that is not watered down. And at the end of this broadcast you can generally say "My name is Wombat and I am looking for a ride to the Marquesas and I can cook." Ask around to learn about the current practices where you are.
===OnlineOn the Internet===
Finding a boat (or a crew for your boat) online is now quite common - by some accounts more common than the traditional in-person method. There are many options, and if you work a few of them (and are flexible enough), you can probably find something.
autopatrolled, Administrators
edits