Open main menu

Changes

User:Thewindandrain

89 bytes removed, 17:46, 11 January 2019
m
no edit summary
I first hitchhiked in 2010, then hitchhiked for most of my free time from 2011-2014, then did less hitchhiking after that. These days I prefer to travel by freight trains, bicycles, and motorized bicycle, and I recommend you do the same.

My biggest contributions to hitchwiki included creating pages for some US states, researching and compiling the laws pertaining to hitchhiking for all 50 states and some federally regulated areas, and sharing some experiences and opinions from hitchhiking on each state page.
== Warning ==
*2013: 23,400 miles
*2014: 42,900 miles
*2015-2017: probably 50,000 miles, not measured . I stopped keeping track after 2014.
Longest ride: 3,250 miles--Glacier View Alaska to Bakersfield, California
Provinces/Territories of [[Canada]] hitched in: 8
States of [[Mexico]] hitched in: 19
Most rides caught in a row with no one passing me: 4
Favorite places: [[New Mexico]], [[Missouri]], [[West Virginia]]
Easiest places to hitchhike in my opinion: [[Hawaii]], [[West Virginia]], [[Massachusetts]] Most difficult places to hitchhike: [[Kansas]], [[Ohio]], [[NewfoundlandFlorida]]
Fun fact: One out of every 450 Americans has driven by me while I hitchhiked. Calculated by estimation of (total miles hitchhiked in United States) divided by (average distance of a ride) = (total # of rides), then (total # of rides) multiplied by (average vehicles passing per hour) multiplied by (average wait time in hours before getting a ride) = total number of people who drove by me, then (population of United States) divided by (total # of people who drove by me).

== Contact Me ==

If you are a sober traveler in need of a hot shower or a place to hang out, contact me if passing through the Ozark Mountains of [[Missouri]] so we can connect. I want to hear your stories, and I may have a spare couch and bedroom for you. If you have any questions about hitchhiking, motorized and non motorized bicycle touring, or other forms of alternative travel, or just want to chat, I want to help in any way I can.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thewindanrain -- My Youtube channel