Open main menu

Changes

User talk:Alex

5,373 bytes added, 14:55, 19 July 2017
no edit summary
== bla ==
{{ToDo}}

== asa/glen bla - leave your message below ==
hey Alex! I've seen you've travelled to Amsterdam quite a few times. I'm travelling backpack with 2 friends to Netherlands and it's our first time, so I was wondering if You could give us some useful spots, where to try. We are travelling Eindhoven - A'dam - den Haag - Rotterdam - Breda - Eindhoven. thanks for your help!
tinca

*Hey! I like the work you did! :) [[User:guaka|guaka]]<small><sup>[http://guaka.org site], [[user talk:guaka|wikitalk]]</sup></small> 20:30, 24 July 2008 (CEST)
*Hi alex, I wanted to go to Iran, how many days we wait in ankara to get the visa ? --[[User:Terrehappy|MiSha]] 21:59, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
** Hi Misha, no idea... check: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ --[[User:Alex|Alex]] 11:10, 12 September 2009 (UTC)

== Drupal ==
Hey, yesterday we set up [http://hitchwiki.org/forum hitchwiki.org/forum], in Drupal. You can log in with your Hitchwiki account and if you want you can have tweak rights. [[User:guaka|guaka]]<small><sup>[http://guaka.org site], [[user talk:guaka|wikitalk]]</sup></small> 13:37, 8 September 2008 (CEST)

: Thanks for the notice. I do not have much time right now (and a slow access), but I will try to have a look on it next week. The question is what you would like to have there... just a forum? More? What else? --[[User:Alex|Alex]] 16:29, 16 September 2008 (CEST)

:: The question should be: what do hitchhikers want to have there who are ready to invest some time in it :) Since it's Drupal it's very extensible. It could be useful for finalizing the [[Random Roads]] magazine, it could be used as a forum for 789, or to set up RSS feeds of anything related to hitchhiking that we can pull in, or create a Facebook app... [[User:guaka|guaka]]<small><sup>[http://guaka.org site], [[user talk:guaka|wikitalk]]</sup></small> 18:22, 16 September 2008 (CEST)

::: I don't know, I guess you can see it like that. However, I like to stimulate people before they become active in order that they become active... so the first thing would always be usability, then we can see... what is needed/wanted? --[[User:Alex|Alex]] 21:36, 21 September 2008 (CEST)

== Contribution ==
I've contributed 20 euro's a while ago to Abgefahren eV. I've sent it to you personally by post, according to regulations of the club. As far as I was able to find out, I've not been acknowledged as a contributing member ever since. --[[User:Fverhart|Fverhart]] 10:03, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
: Solved. --[[User:Alex|Alex]] 10:56, 24 December 2008 (UTC)

==Categories==
Hi! Your user page category has been changed to '''Category:Hitchhikers''' because from now on this will be a standard categorization for hitchhikers on hitchwiki.org (see [[Category talk:Hitchhikers|this discussion here]] for the reasons of doing so). If you want to be categorized by country, too, chose your country from the categories on [[:Category:Hitchhikers]] page (or create your own one if the country of your current location is not on the list - in case you need help with that, please write about it [[User_talk:Sigurdas|here]]).

Happy hitching,

The hitchwiki team

==Thanks for the pix==
Hey, nice pictures. I spread them around a bit more. It would be good though, to use some more specific names (e.g. <tt>Alex-hitching-in-Iran-November-2008.jpg</tt>). Also, it's good to avoid "I" in articles, just use 3rd person style to write about yourself ("[[User:Alex|alex]] never waited longer than 10 minutes to get a ride"). Anyway, seeing your edits here is a reason for joy :) [[User:Guaka|guaka]] 00:28, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
:hm... ok, i will try to make the pictures more search engine conform. nevertheless, i like speaking about myself in the first person - i will come with something up. --[[User:Alex|Alex]] 10:56, 24 December 2008 (UTC)

== Trying to thumb it to M'sia in summer ==

Hey Alex,

I'm Craig (20) from Germany. With my brother I'm planning on hitching from Turkey to Malaysia though we dunno yet how to deal with Bangladesh/Myanmar region.

ANYWAYS, I wanna ask you bout Iran. Gimme your most important pieces of advice for:
1. route (cross from Turkey to Pakistan)
2. approximate distance you can hitch in a day comfortably
3. Visa

Hope to see you on abgefahren e.V. race in Freiburg in two weeks!

Yours Craig
--[[User:Halt, Stop! Reudnitz kommt.|Halt, Stop! Reudnitz kommt.]] 20:07, 30 May 2011 (CEST)

== Dubai airport ==
== bla ==Hey Alex! I want to ask you about your experiences about Dubai airport? Well if you actually used the airport? I am worried about going through their checks. Because I read many stories about people being thrown to jail for microscopic amounts of marijuana, like 0,003 g. I dont carry marijuana and its not in my blood, but I dont know if i have 0,003 g somewhere on my belongings. I hope you can help me with some info? Here or on my mail jakobmed at gmail dot com. The sooner the better, thanks!--[[User:Jakobwithk|Jakobwithk]] 11:58, 27 December 2011 (CET)
== Lost Blog ==
== asa/glen bla ==Hey Alex!*I wanted to read your blog about hitching from Europe to Yemen (man do I envy those times...) but the link is dead... Any chance you still have that blog post somewhere?Thanks![[User:Uncle sam01|Uncle sam01]] ([[User talk:Uncle sam01|talk]]) 04:26, 14 May 2017 (UTC)- Unfortunately not. :-( --[[User:Alex|Alex]] ([[User talk:Alex|talk]]) 12:55, 19 July 2017 (UTC)