Open main menu

Changes

User talk:Fverhart

1,594 bytes added, 12:49, 4 July 2013
no edit summary
Just for fun I looked at my waiting time per KM, (2013-07-04: 364,457.7 km, 2165:47 hours), and that gives me 21.39 sec/km for the total. No plans to it on a per-country basis. [[User:Prino|Prino]] ([[User talk:Prino|talk]]) 12:27, 4 July 2013 (CEST)

Wonderful! Mine has been around 18 sec/km (=0.30 min/km) over the last five years, as a quite stable fact. Obviously some important factors (already tipped by me a bit above from here), such as length distribution of rides, have their influence. Also deciding is how we define waiting time. Should waiting time include the time it takes to hike from the place where one stepped out of a vehicle to the next location (if there is any distance in between them, it being 500 meter or 10 km for example). This factor has caused the sec/km ratio to be very high for Lithuania. We once got a lift after walking 90 minutes / 6 kms, until the first vehicle appeared driving in the right direction. Same, should the time it takes to get to the initial hitching spot (with whatever kind of vehicle or on foot) be included in the waiting time for the first ride? How do we count the hiking part of hitchhiking? As for pure breaks from hitchhiking to have a rest or refreshment (when you do 100% ignore passing vehicles for the purpose of doing something else) - I generally exclude them from counting waiting time. If I walk and raise my thumb to passing drivers, while I am walking to the spot which I consider as the initial hitchhiking spot, at what point should I start counting waiting time? My waiting times exclude situations where I ultimately decided to travel by other means before obtaining a lift - should I include these? Not that I expect answers, but others' points of view would be interesting to know! --[[User:Fverhart|Fverhart]] ([[User talk:Fverhart|talk]]) 12:49, 4 July 2013 (CEST)
==Categories==
Check users, recentchangescleanup, Administrators
edits