Open main menu

Changes

User talk:MrTweek

2,045 bytes removed, 13:54, 28 April 2011
no edit summary
::: I added an horizontal line between events for this summer and event(s) after summer. Not sure which criteria to use. 3 months? 6 months? It's not easy to automate it. There might be plugins for that, but I think as long as we never had more than 10 events, we can handle it manually. I'll do some research anyway. --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 11:27, 21 March 2011 (CET)
== Cleanup registered but inactive users == There are currently around 500 users who made edits in the last 91 days, on a total of more than 2,000 and some user-names seem to be very fishy, like * 3P2e3K68 (Created on 2007-09-30 at 17greetings! :12:10)* 3j2e3m64 (Created on 2007-09-30 i'm at 09:48:20)* 9Pd2q8Kh (Created on 2007-10-01 at 22:31:42) Wouldn't it be possible to match the "made edits" and "all users" lists against each otheroffice right now, and delete all users who never made any edits and haventherefore i don't logged on for more than 365 (or whatever) days? I'm administrator on [http://zos.efglobe.com/index.php Dezhi Systems support site] and here we go even further, people need to be activated by an admin have very much time to get write access to the forum (about 95% of our requested registrations are coming from spammers) and people who haven't returned in the month following activation are mercilessly zapped, as are those who have never posted and and haven't logged in for over six months. It keeps things tidy... [[User:Prino|Prino]] 11:35, 21 March 2011 (CET): Yeah, but! I agree and I'd love to do that. The thing is, mediawiki does not really support deleting users. We can only block them, or set them inactive, but they will not disappear from the user listenjoyed reading your article. I am not sure why.:: Might this be of any use: [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:User_Merge_and_Delete User Merge and Delete extension]::: But then again, the question is: why do we want that? It'll will keep the records clean, yes, but does it have any practical use? --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 18:18, 21 March 2011 (CET):::: I'm from the z/OS world, where userid's are deleted the moment someone leaves a company. It's a matter of security. If a userid no longer exists, it cannot be abused. [[User:Prino|Prino]] 21:20, 21 March 2011 (CET):At the moment, we don't have was a problem with spammers. They will surely come back some time, but as long as they don't, I'd prefer keeping hitchwiki as open as possible. Wikipedia is a good example that even huge sites can live with anonymous edits and automated registrations. I guess it's a matter bunch of the ratio between active users and active spammersgreat stuff. Let's see how it will work for us :) --[[User:MrTweek|MrTweek]] 11:44, 21 March 2011 (CET)thanks! Sincerely
Anonymous user