Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Zagreb

1,550 bytes removed, 10:05, 13 September 2020
Direction Ljubljana, Austria, Novo Mesto
'''From town'''
Take tram #5 or #17 from the centre of Zagreb towards the ''Precko''. Notice that the ride takes a lot of time, 45 minutes at least. In ''Precko'', exit the tram and walk left. You'll see a street that turns right. Take this street and walk 5 minutes till you get Get to the main street ''Ljubljanska Avenija'' (also called ''Zagrebacka Avenija''). Cross this street in front of the ''Konzum'' supermarket avenija and turn left. You will see find a small bus station, this is your spot. However most people commute from this pointstop to hitchike. Best is to hitchhike from there with a SLO sign. Don't take rides that don't take you at least to the border - There is no good places to hitchhike further down the road. From the border crossing itself it's relatively easy to get a good ride, even as far as to Austria.
On a [[Good times to hitchhike|Sunday]] Erga and [[User:Guaka|guaka]] waited way to long. Not a single car stopped in two hours time, and at the petrol stations everyone with space pretended not to go anywhere near Slovenia (West or North). Two Belgian guys didn't manage to get a ride in the same period, also trying in different spots in the area ([[User:Guaka|guaka]] somehow convinced the West Gate bus driver to also pick them up). Use the West Gate option if you're simply heading to Austria, find another solution if you're heading towards Ljubljana...

After more than one hour of waiting, I went further down the road to the next bus stop (in front of FORD car dealer center) where most of the local traffic is gone and I found a ride after 15min.

* I recommend following this advice, after going to the Konzum market to get some food and cardboard I spent only 40 mn before someone offered to take me to Slovenia. You are highly visible and this worked at dawn.
edits

Navigation menu