Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Dubrovnik

243 bytes added, 07:18, 15 December 2015
no edit summary
== Hitchhiking out ==
=== North towards [[Neum]], [[Split]] and [[Zagreb]]{{E|65}} ===
Hitchhiking north out of Dubrovnik - does require some patience, all the rest areas seem to be located on the coast, making it difficult to find a good area.
Option 1: The spot below works although you might have to wait for a while. Go the the main bus station, in the north. Cross the road and keep walking north and look for steps leading up the hill side. '''If find yourself under the bridge, you have gone too far. ''' If you follow the path, it will lead you all the way up to the E65. Then, cross the bridge and continue across to the other side, where you will find a rather small pull in spot. Make sure you stay behind the barrier and make yourself as visible as possible, because there is not a lot of space for stopping and drivers can't see it from far away.
Option 2: Easier to get there. There are bus stops on the ''Jadranska Cesta'' Street. A good one to hitch is the one opposite to the ''Lodpudska Ulica''. Hitch with a HUGE sign "Ploče". You can take bus #3 from the city centre to get there, but the place is not as good as the bridge described above.
* I don't want to discourage anyone, but, I was hitchhiking from Dubrovnik to Ploče, to anywhere out of Dubrovnik towards the north-west for about 2 hours and nothing. What I noticed were cars full of people, mostly families going back home from vacation. It was in august. Maybe if it's not the season, it will be less traffic but more useful one. My friend was HH two times from Dubrovnik to Ploče. Once he was waiting one and a half hour til he got a ride, second time 2 hours without any success. Another option is a bus, but you have to walk down from HH spot to the bus station near the sea for about 20 minutes. Bus costs 10 Euro. I stuck there at night, it was 20:00 so, at that time, bus sounded as a good option. (by [[User:NixyJungle|NixyJungle]])

* Tried this spot in August 2015 and waited approximately 1h 20m for a ride to the Bosnian border near Neum. It's a relatively good spot because of the bridge, which makes it visible but most cars are full during summer time.
=== East towards [[Montenegro]] {{E|65}} 8 ===

Navigation menu